Dr. Shanmuganthan Thananjeyan
Senior Lecturer Grade II
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
B.Sc. Eng (Hons) (Moratuwa), MBA in IT (Moratuwa), PhD (UniMelb, Australia), Member of the IEEE, AMIE(SL)
Dr. S. Thananjeyan received Honours degree of BScEng with first class from University of Moratuwa in 2009. He has been working for Embla Software Innovation (pvt) ltd for four years since 2009. He served as a senior software engineer since 2012. He is a Certified Scrum Master. He received Masters in Business Administration in Information Technology (MBA-IT) from University of Moratuwa in 2014. He obtained his Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Melbourne, Australia in 2020, with a research focus on resource allocation and energy efficiency in computation offloading in multi-access edge computing. Currently, he is attached to the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Jaffna.
He was awarded Melbourne Research Scholarship which is an Elite PhD Scholars' Programme jointly offered by the University Grant Commission of Sri Lanka and Melbourne School of Engineering, University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Green Information Technology
- Multi-access edge computing
- Computation Offloading in 5G
- Resource Allocation
- Energy efficiency
- “Design of an unmanned solar powered lawn mower”, Presented by Mr. B. Shanthigan and Supervised by Mr. S. Thananjeyan and Dr. V. Cynthujah, Presented in the Undergraduate Inventor of the Year 2015, Competition organized by the IESL Head office at Colombo, Selected within top four places.
- “Name-Voice controlled home automation system (clack)”, Presented by Mr. A.P.Y. Sandaruwan, Supervised by Mr. S. Arunan and Mr. S. Thananjeyan, Presented in the Undergraduate Inventor of the Year 2015, Competition organized by the IESL Head office at Colombo, Selected within top four places.
- Project to develop “prototype of modularized system that controls the home electronic gadgets via voice”, Presented by Mr. A.P. Yasindhu, Sajith Dushmantha, Supervised by Mr. S. Thanajeyan, Yarl Geek Challenge (YGC), a competition aimed to find innovators and it gives support to new ideas for entrepreneurship 2014.
- Farmogram - Mentor for the project ‘Farmogram’ of Yarl IT Hub in 2013 – Farmogram scans an image of a diseased plant leaf, detect the disease using pattern matching and suggest drugs for the disease.
- Digitro - Mentor for the project ‘Digitro" of Yarl IT Hub in 2015 – Digitro is an energy meter for homes that calculate the energy consumed and alert the users for over consumption.
|||Complaint Smart Sensor Building Management System ( ).|
|||Green IT Readiness of IT Organizations in Sri Lanka - IT Human Infrastructure and IT Managerial Capability Perspectives ( ), Master's thesis, .|