Mr. T. Mayooran
( On Study leave for PhD research at Massey University, New Zealand)
Department of Interdisciplinary Studies
B.Sc (Hons) in Statistics at University of Jaffna , MSc (USA)
Research interests : Computational Statistics, Copula Theory with Regression, Extreme value theory and SpatialTemporal Statistics, Machine learning-Data mining, Climate Change, Bayesian analysis, Statistical applications in Engineering, Distribution Theory and Robust statistics, Industrial statistics with Quality control
Mr T. Mayooran is currently the Lecturer (Probationary) of the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Engineering from January 2019 onwards. He got his Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Statistics at University of Jaffna in 2011 and then received his Master of Science at the Minnesota State University, Mankato, USA in Mathematics and Statistics on May 2018. After receiving his BSc, Mayooran was an Instructor and Temporary Lecturer at Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Jaffna.
- Member of Royal Statistical Society (RSS).
- Member of New Zealand Statistical Association (NZSA).
- Member of Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS).
- Member of COLOSS (Prevention of honey bee COlony LOSSes) Honey Bee Research, Association, Bern, Switzerland.
- Club oﬃcer and Member of Palmerston North Toastmasters Club, Palmerston North, Manawatu 4414, New Zealand
His research interests are:
- Computational Statistics
- Copula Theory with Regression
- Extreme value theory and SpatialTemporal Statistics
- Machine learning-Data mining
- Climate Change, Bayesian analysis
- Statistical applications in Engineering
- Distribution Theory and Robust statistics
- Industrial statistics with Quality control
Teaching - Undergraduate level Courses
- Minnesota State University, Mankato, USA - January 2016- May 2018.
- Elementary Statistics - STAT 154-4 Credits.
- University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka - November 2011- December 2015.
- Statistical Quality Control, Statistical Application, Non Parametric Method.
- Statistical Modeling, Analysis of Variance, Stochastic process, Design of Experiments.
- Statistical Methods for Planning, Basic Statistics for Allied Health Science.
- Open university Sri Lanka- Jaffna regional Center -Academic Year 2015/2016.
- MCU1207 & MCU3209- Quantitative techniques for Management I & II.
- "Assessing Robustness of Regularized Regression Models with Applications".
- "Copula based Logistic Regression Model” - Extended topic from MSc Thesis".
- "Bayesian inference for extremes temperatures (Low) and Annual Maximum Snow levels in Minneapolis/St Paul Region in Minnesota by using SAS and R".
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship - Minnesota State University, Mankato, USA -01/2016 to 05/2018. The stipend of $9000 per Academic Year and Fully tuition waived for MSc Program.