Dr. Siventhirarajah Krishnya
Senior Lecturer Grade II
Department of Civil Engineering
B.Sc. Eng (Peradeniya), M.Sc. (Peradeniya), Ph.D. (Hokkaido, Japan)
Dr. Krishnya is currently working as a senior lecturer affiliated to Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Jaffna since August 2023. She obtained her B.Sc. (Eng) and M.Sc. degree from the University of Peradeniya in 2015 and 2018 respectively. She worked as a design engineer at Yunica Design Engineers & Consultants (pvt) Ltd, Colombo, Sri Lanaka from September 2016 to March 2019 prior to her doctorate studies. She received her Ph.D. degree from Hokkaido University in the Year of 2022. Her PhD thesis was on the topic, “Multi-Stage Model for Predicting the Mechanical and Durability Characteristics of Cement-Based Material”, where she developed a novel simulator to predict the mechanical and durability properties from the microstructure of the hydrated matrix. She worked as post-doctoral research fellow at the Division of Sustainable Resources Engineering, Hokkaido University from April 2022 to September 2022. She has research experience in the field of civil engineering with particular emphasis on cement and concrete technology and supplementary cementitious materials. She has published many technical papers (Journals, Conference papers) in the field of Material Engineering. She is an Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers Sri Lanka (IESL).
- Prediction of mechanical properties of concrete.
- Model development for carbonation in concrete
- Simulation of the transport of ions and gases in the concrete matrix.
- Mechanical and durability properties analyzation and model development for supplementary cementitious materials
- She was awarded Mahapola scholarship during her undergraduate study.
- M. Amaratunga Award by University of Peradeniya for the best performance in Strength of Materials in 2016.
- Hokkaido University Special Grant for International Ph.D. Students by the President of Hokkaido University, Japan in 2019.
- Ohtsuka Memorial by Hokkaido University, Japan for the outstanding academic achievement in Ph.D in 2022
- Best Presentation Award for the paper presented at Japan Concrete Institute (JCI) Annual Convention, Chiba, Japan in 2022.
|||Effect of Salinity on Mechanical Behaviour of Well Cement: Application to Carbon Capture and Storage Wells. ( ), In Engineer: Journal of the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka, volume 49, 2016.|