Mr. Balrajh Kiriparan
Department of Civil Engineering
Research interests : Computational Wind Engineering, Finite Element Analysis of tall buildings, Deep excavations and Foundations for high-rise buildings, Structural performance of concrete filled steel composites, Structural optimization and building economics, Structural Health Monitoring, Dynamic analysis of slender tall buildings and bridges
Eng B. Kiriparan obtained his B.Sc.(Eng) degree in the field of Civil Engineering from the University of Peradeniya in Year 2013 with the First Class Honours and awarded for best performance in strength of materials. After serving as Temporary instructor at structures laboratory of University of Peradeniya over half a year, he joined Civil and Structural Engineering Consultants (Pvt) Ltd as Structural Engineer in 2014. Then he was promoted as Design Office Manager involving in the design of structures ranging from low rise structures to high rise buildings till 2020. He joined Department of Civil Engineering, University of Jaffna as Lecturer (Probationary) in November 2020.
He is also a Chartered Engineer of Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka and a registered Structural Engineer in the directory of Structural Engineers under High-rise buildings (Category A). He is serving as the president of the Associate Member Chapter, Society of Structural Engineers – Sri Lanka for the year 2020/2021.
- M. Amaratunga prize for best performance in strength of material awarded at the convocation of University of Peradeniya.
- Chartered Engineer, the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka [CEng.]
- Corporate Member, the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka [MIE (SL)]
- Associate Member, Society of Structural Engineers Sri Lanka [AMSSE (SL)]
- Associate Professional, Green Building Council of Sri Lanka
- Founding Member, International Association for Bridge Maintenance and Safety Sri Lanka Group (IABMAS-SRI LANKA)
His research interests are:
- Computational Wind Engineering
- Finite Element Analysis of tall buildings
- Deep excavations and Foundations for high-rise buildings
- Structural performance of concrete filled steel composites
- Structural optimization and building economics
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Dynamic analysis of slender tall buildings and bridges
- Wind Design of Tall Buildings, CES Workshop on Tall Buildings, Faculty of Engineering University of Peradeniya, 18th September 2019.
- Application of Engineering Principles in the Building Industry as a Case Study, Faculty of Engineering University of Jaffna, 21st July 2017.
- Served as vesting lecturer for undergraduate modules on “Design of Steel Structures” and “Bridge Engineering” at Faculty of Engineering General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University, Sri Lanka from 2018 to 2020.
Eng. B. Kiriparan joined Civil and Structural Engineering Consultants (pvt) Ltd in 2014 as a Structural Engineer and held responsible positions such as Design office Manager and Executive Director till 2020. He served as a key member in a renowned design team lead by Prof. Priyan Mendis, Eng. Shiromal Fernando and Eng. Bhathiya Waduge. He involved in Structural and Geotechnical Engineering designs, advanced structural modelling and analysis, construction management, quality assurance and quality control of the following projects.
- Fifteen storied Cinnamon Red Hotel at No: 273, Katugasthota Road, Kandy.
- Fifty storied Capitol Twinpeaks Condominium Development at Colombo 02.
- Forty storied apartment complex for Harbour Village at Colombo 10.
- Pavilion and Sales Gallery for Colombo Port City.
- Fifteen storied Parking & office building for Nawaloka Hospital at Colombo 02.
- Four storied office buildings for Colombo Municipal Council at Colombo 07.
- Jetwing Surf Hotel, Arugambay.
- Proposed Ariyana Resort Residential Development for Homelands Skyline (pvt) Ltd at Athurugiriya.
- Six storied apartment building for NEM Construction Pvt. Ltd at No. 32, Cambridge Place, Colombo 07.
- Twelve storied Aurum apartment development for Homelands Skyline (pvt) Ltd at Thimbirigasyaya.
- Six storied office complex for Homelands Skyline (pvt) Ltd at battaramulla.
- Conceptual design development of forty storied Pearl City Hotel at Bambalapitiya.
- Proposed forty storied office, hotel tower & a ten storied shopping mall with a semi basement for Excel world development at Union Place.
- Proposed four storied Mandrina Hotel for Macksons Holdings at Nuwareliya.
- Proposed Seventeen storied apartment complex for CiviMech (Pvt) Ltd at Dehiwala.
- Proposed seven storied Residential Development with two basements at No.112 Thursthan Road, Colombo 04.
- Proposed three storied hotel development at Sigiriya.
- Proposed eight storied apartment complex for Homelands Skyline (pvt) Ltd at Kahathuduwa.
- Proposed thirty storied residential development for Star City, Yangoon Burma.
- Two storied luxury housing scheme for Sparkles Skyline Residencies at Malabe.
- Three storied House for Dr. Gehan De Zoysa at Nugegoda.
- Three storied House for Dr. Shemoon at Colombo 08.
- Four storied residential development for Homelands Skyline (pvt) Ltd at Rajagiriya.
- Guest house for Mr. Chandra Fernando, Ahangama.
- Four storied office and Residential development for Mr. Dhananjana Ameresekere at Nawala.
- Proposed three storied house for Dr. Ishani Fernando at Colombo 07.
- Proposed three storied house for Mr. Harin Perera at Fairfield gardens Colombo 08.
- Proposed three storied house for Mr. Mahinda Saliya at Kadawatha.
- Proposed two storied house for Dr. Chamitha De Alwis at Nugegoda.
- Proposed Hill Top Beach resort development at Galle.
- Conversion of existing two storied residential building to five storied apartment complex for Mr. Mahendra Zoysa at Colombo 03.
- Alteration and addition of a floor and a roof top swimming pool to existing three storied residential building for Mr. Prasad Galhena at Gregory road, Colombo 08.
- Condition assessment and reinstatement of existing masonry structures and timber roof for Banquet Hall at Mount Lavinia.
- Condition assessment refurbishment of existing colonial period steel framed building for people’s bank, Colombo Fort.
- Proposed addition and alteration to Kothelawala defense university building.
- Design of steel jacketing strengthening of existing column at proposed AVIC development to meet the increased load capacity.
- Proposed additional floor to Sri Lanka institute of Architect’s building.
- Proposed Extension to Kandy City Center.
- Proposed Extension to the Talpe Star Light Hotel.
- Condition assessment of five storied colonial building for Macan Marker Ltd, At Sri Baron Jayathilaka Mw, Colombo 01.
- Investigation and rectification proposal of Timber Villas at Palagame Beach Resort at Kalpitiya.
- Investigation and rectification proposal of Timber Villas at Gal Oya Lodge at Galgamuwa.