Dr. (Mrs.) Pratheeba Jeyananthan
Senior Lecturer Grade II
Department of Computer Engineering
B.Sc (Hons) in Computer Science (Jaffna)
PhD (Southampton, UK)
Dr. (Mrs) J. Pratheeba received her B.Sc (Hons) degree in computer science with first class from university of Jaffna in 2008. After working as demonstrator and temporary lecturer in department of Computer Science, University of Jaffna, she joined department of Computer Engineering in 2016.
She was a member of the Vision, Learning and Control (VLC) research group of School of Electronics and Computer Science, Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, University of Southampton, United Kingdom as a PhD candidate from 2016 September to 2019 December. She was working across the omic scales in high throughput data-driven biology during her PhD.
- IFLS (Institute For Life Sciences) Research Studentship, University of Southampton, United Kingdom.
- ECS Research Studentship, University of Southampton, United Kingdom.
- University prize for the best performance in Honors degree examination in Science-2006, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
- Sabhalingham memorial prize for the best performance in Honors degree examination in Computer Science-2006, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
Her main research are includes Machine Learning and Bioinformatics.
During her PhD, she was working on various omic scale data of cancer patients. Mainly her work was on predicting the clinical data of cancer patients using their molecular data. She also worked to bridge the gap between transcriptome and proteome measurements on most complicated human cells.
- Working across the omic scales.
- Protein prediction models.
- Analyzing molecular data of cancer patients.
- Robust machine learning models for biological data.
|||A review on processing of data streams ( ), In Research Journal of Computer System and Engineering (RJCSE), volume 2, 2011.|