Miss. M. Pravina
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
B.Sc.Eng(Hons)(Peradeniya), MPhil (Reading)(Peradeniya), AMIE(SL)
Ms. Pravina Mylvaganam received the BSc Engineering degree (Second Upper-Class Hons.) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, in 2021. She is currently pursuing an MPhil at the University of Peradeniya. She is currently working as a lecturer (Probationary) attached to the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka. She is an Associate Member of IESL and past student member of The Institute of Engineering and Technology, University of Peradeniya
- First place in the best paper award for the paper titled “Detection of Mosquito Breeding Areas using Semantic Segmentation” at the Women in Engineering Symposium (WIESymp 2022), organized by IEEE Women in Engineering, Sri Lanka
- Nominated as a representation of the University of Peradeniya for “ENG. E. W KARUNARATNA AWARD -2020/2021”, organized by IESL, Sri Lanka.
- Best Performance Award in “Achievers Commendation Celebration-2016” organized by Batticaloa, Education Zone, Sri Lanka.
- Gold Medal in National Level – ‘All Islands School Inventors’ Competition - 2013’ Organized by Sri Lanka Association for the Advanced Science.
- Lecturer (On contract), Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka. (June 2023 – To present)
- Temporary Instructor, Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka (Sep 2021 – Sep 2022)
|||Detection of Mosquito Breeding Areas using Semantic Segmentation ( ), In Proceedings of the International Women in Engineering Symposium (WIESymp 2022), 2022.|