Meeting was organized at the Indian High Commission of Sri Lanka at Colombo on 7th June 2016. There were few delegates from educational institutions from India and Sri Lanka. This meeting is organized as a follow-up event to the decision taken at the 9th Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) held on February 2016 at Colombo. This is to encourage mutually beneficial linkages between the Universities and educational institutions in India and Sri Lanka.
The Indian delegates participated were
- Shri. Praveen Kumar, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD);
- Prof. U.B. Desai, Director, IIT Hyderabad;
- Dr. Srinivasan Sundarrajan, Director, NIT Trichy;
- Prof. H.M. Maheshwariah, Vice-Chancellor, Central University of Karnataka;
- Prof. R. Gnanamoorthy, Director, Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram;
- Shri. A.K. Gopal, Under Secretary, International Cooperation Cell, MHRD.
There were few Vice Chancellors, International relations officers, Deans from Universities and Educational Institutions from Sri Lanka, attended for this meeting.
The meeting was excellent and very fruitful in discussing the possible collaborations. It was stressed that (i) postgraduate studies at Indian Institutions for Sri Lankan young lecturers and (ii) short visits of senior staff from Indian Institutions to Sri Lankan Universities are the most suitable options to start up in near future.